Top 6 Reasons You’ll Fail In Network Marketing
So you’re looking to start a home business, and try your hand in the network marketing industry. From a business standpoint, the network marketing industry makes a lot of sense, and it’s certainly booming right now since the economy is declining rapidly. And of course, building residual income so you can get paid over and over again makes a lot more sense than just trading your time for money (who wouldn’t want that, right?). So logically, there shouldn’t be any reasons why you should, or would, fail, right?
But here’s what you need to know: People fail in the industry all the time!
But not because of what you think.
It’s not because of the industry.
And it’s not because of any network marketing company out there.
It’s because they can’t seem to get out of their own way.
If you want to significantly stack the deck in your favor in your network marketing business, read the rest of this post and make sure you work on yourself daily.
Here are 6 ways people get in their own way:
1. Poor People Skills – Regardless of what company you’re in, or what product you’re marketing, at the end of the day, you are in the “People Business”. The sooner you see and accept that, the sooner you’ll start succeeding. People like to do business with people they like, know and trust. So if you can’t get people to like you, you’ll have little to no chance of succeeding, regardless of how good your product or business opportunity are. Learn to respect, and work with people. It’s the ONLY way you’re going to build a team and a successful home business.
2. A Negative Attitude – One of the people I look up to in this industry is Art Williams, and one of the things I heard him say early on was “People don’t want to follow a dull, disillusioned, frustrated cry-baby. People want to follow people that are excited and going somewhere.” That statement has been proven to be true dozens of times over the last 15 years that I’ve been in this industry. Focus daily on being as positive as you possibly can. It’s a lot easier said than done but you have to really put forth the effort to do so.
3. Lack Of Focus – Let’s be clear here… Building a network marketing home business, and making a full-time income from home, isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would be making a fortune from home. It’s going to take attention and focus to build your business. Try to eliminate things in your life that will take away from your focus. Once you get to where you want to go, and you’re making the amount of money you want to make, then you can be a little bit lax with your attention. But when you’re just getting started, and you’re in the “building phase” of your career, be laser focused.
4. A Weak Commitment – How committed are you? Do you quit every time things get tough? Committed people keep on keeping on, even if they fail a couple of times. Remember, there are going to be things that happen in your business that may set you back. Just don’t give up, and you’ll eventually succeed.
5. Relying On Talent Alone – Being talented is good, but it’s not good enough to succeed in a big time way. Being talented and backing your talent up with work ethic is the key. If you just rely on talent, you’re headed for failure because you won’t put in the sweat equity needed to build your network marketing business.
6. Having No Goals – This is a MAJOR cause of failure. Having no goals in your business (and in your life) is like trying to hit a target with a blindfold on. Get in the habit early on to have goals, and commit them to paper. Doing this will give you the opportunity to measure your success and make adjustments along the way.
If you’re just getting started in the industry, I want to congratulate you for taking the first steps towards taking control of your future and your finances. The industry is growing by leaps and bounds, and because of technology there’s more opportunities for you to find prospects for your business. With that said, you still have to be focused in order to build your business. And you have to make sure you don’t get in your own way and sabotage your own success.
So Is That All You Need To Succeed?
Working on yourself is critical, make no mistake about it. But you’re going to need more than “working on yourself” to succeed. At the end of the day, you’re going to need a significant amount of leads so you can sponsor enough people into your business to create momentum. How many leads do you need? In my opinion, you’re going to need around 25-35 leads a day to start to get major traction. Sure you can go after your friends and family… But how has that been working for you so far?
If you’re sick and tired of chasing friends and family, and you want to start generating leads (to the tune of 25-35 a day) for your business online, This Is Where You Can Start.
I’ve used that very same marketing system to sponsor HUNDREDS of people into my business over the last 3 years. So I know it works (if you work it, of course!).
And if you’re going to market your business online, you’re going to need a blog. Over the last few years, blogs have been the premiere strategy for getting leads online. It’s also a great way to brand yourself and connect with your audience.
The problem is building a blog from scratch is a pain in the ass. You have to install it, install the right plug-ins, and then you have to “SEO” it so that your content can get ranked on the search engines. This isn’t easy to do especially if you’re part-time and you don’t have a bunch of time to sit in front of your computer figuring things out.
So What The Heck Do You Do?
You can get a “plug and play” ready-built blog at Empower Network for only $25 a month.
Of course, there’s a tremendous affiliate compensation plan in place that you can leverage but even if you don’t, it’s still worth getting the blog. You can get your blog right here.
And if you want to see how you can become an affiliate, you can go here.
Leveraging the Internet is awesome and you’d be crazy not to use it to build your business. Social Media sites like Youtube and Facebook are goldmines for finding prospects for your business. There are MILLIONS of quality prospects there for you.
But unless you’re marketing online, you won’t be able to tap into those prospects.Using the two systems above will help you do that!
To Your Success,